Visitors from most countries may need a Chinese visa to enter mainland China. Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macao residents need to acquire entry passes.

You can apply for a Chinese visa at the Chinese embassy or consulate in the region in which you live. For most attendees, it is easier to apply for a Tourist Visa ("L Visa"). An invitation letter is generally not required for obtaining a Tourist Visa. You can also download an invitation letter in our registration portal.

For more information about the visa application requirements and procedure, please visit the following websites and consult the Chinese embassy or consulate in your region for official guidance.
* Introduction to Chinese Visa
* About Chinese Visa

Various travel agencies can help you apply for your Chinese visa. Here are some examples, but you are welcome to check with your local agencies:

Should you need further assistance with your visa application, please send an email to

If you require an invitation letter for a visa application to China for the ICCVE 2015 conference, please email

When requesting letter please include Name, Address, E-mail, Citizenship, Passport number. If you are an author for the conference, please also include your paper ID and title. Visa Invitation Letters will be issued 3-5 business days after your payment has been processed.

(Please note it is IEEE's policy to ONLY issue letters to Speakers, Committee Members, and attendees paid in full.)

ICCVE 2015 discounts on international/domestic air tickets to/from Shenzhen, China

Book your hotel room at the ICCVE 2015 rate